Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Everything!!!!

It took some time to work into the Christmas spirit this year. I spent so much time focusing on what we didn't have and not enough focusing on the spirit of renewal. My friends helped spark that little light that would begin to again burn the passion of the season. We have memories to make this holiday season.






William received some special "do dog" PJ's from his cousin Beth. The joy these brought him renewed my resolve to get PJ's to all our little cast friends! So 2011 is going to be the mailing blitz to 3 new centers. This will make 5 centers and countless kids greeted by our club. Parent packs have been ordered to accompany these PJ's. The parent pack is the backbone of the casting process. Families need to know how to handle this new accessory and we intend to arm them with this valuable resource. My biggest goal for 2011 is the plan a fundraising event to move us to the next level in giving. We have dreams to follow and funding these dreams will be our focus.


A little William update: Cody has started trying to modify his brothers naughty behavior this holiday. He is giving his brother "Santa Points" at the beginning of the day. As he does really nice things i.e. picks up his toys, gives hugs, plays nice, he earns additional Santa Points. Very cute. William cheers Santa points. If he is not so nice and acts like a tyrant Cody deducts Santa points.
Today he was negative 50 Santa points.  Holy Cow.  Thank Goodness he is cute.  I think that will help Santa take him from the naughty list.  Another trick he has started is using his cast as a storage center for later.  A few days ago he started telling us "color red hurts".  It took a little coaxing but we were able to translate to their is a red crayon in the back of my cast.  After lots of screaming and a panty hose to floss under the cast a red crayon emerged.  Last night it was another crayon and chex mix.  We keep telling him to stop putting things in his cast, but it is way to tempting.  I am trying to keep a shirt on him in the hopes it will at least deter future hoarding issues.  I am terrified of what we will find when this one is finally cut off. 

A final thought as I log off for the holidays.  We have all traversed a trying 2010 whether it be cast changes or changes in treatment.  With each bump we have bounced back the other way.  We may get knocked down, but we aren't staying down.  We have our lives and love to keep us coming back to center.  Last year I started 2010 somewhat alone and scared of what was to come.  2011 will begin very different...I have friends who are more like family & family who are incredible friends on our side, I have expereience to know I can handle whatever is thrown our way, We have a beautiful charitable resource that has no where to go but up honoring our children everyday, & best of all I have the boys in my life to keep me on my toes.  I have Happy Everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment