Saturday, May 28, 2011

What a crazy week

Happy Saturday on this beautiful Memorial Day weekend.  This has been a week for the memory books.  Monday started the last week of school for our family, the start of summer and all things new.  William had physical Therapy outside this week and really enjoyed the fresh air, distractions and new activities.  Tuesday started as a rainy day threatening to cancel William's trip to the zoo with Grandpa and Cody's field day.  My father in law decided to try the zoo despite the rain.  On our drive over William kept saying turn the rain off mommy.  As if God was listening, the rain had passed by the time we arrived in the parking lot.  With William safely with Pappaw and Mammaw it was time for a little picnic on the green at school with Cody.  This is honestly my favorite part of the school year.  Holy Rosary is filled with picnic blankets and families eating as families.  It is a moment I remember each year.  We were blessed to sit with the Bell family as well as my sister, brother in law and Pappa Sam all the way from Canada.  This was a blessed day. 

Wednesday....Well there is so much to say for Wednesday.  It started out as a very full day.  The original plan was William was going to my Mom's for the afternoon so I could spend the day getting Emily beautiful for graduation.  This is not a hard job as she is already beautiful!  12 O'Clock pick up Emily, Victoria and Ellen and head for Mani's and Pedi's.  When I picked the girls up I found out Emily's phone had stopped working.  At 14 heading into a fabulous weekend this was a very big deal.  I got the girls settled in for mani's and Pedi's and went to get Emily a new phone.  My girl can't be without her phone.  New "cool" phone acquired I headed back to meet up with the girls.  In the mix of things my sister in law thought she was in labor that morning.  About 2 I got the message that it was false labor and she may have a kidney stone instead.  This was a relief since we are keeping her 11 month old beauty while she is in the hospital.  It was now time to get Emily to her hair appt.  On our way to the hair appointment my sister called and said graduation was postponed for a day because of the severe weather threat.  Drop Emily off at home, pick up William and head home to avoid getting caught out in the storm.  My mother in law and sister in law called and decided to spend the storm in our basement.  We have a back corner cleared of crap big enough for us, so I ran home and did some fast cleaning to make the basement inviting for a little sweetheart and two extra adults.  Around 4 o'clock our storm guests had arrived and I started to make a quick dinner before we had to stay in the basement.  My sister in law was very uncomfortable for the hour while dinner was cooking.  As she had just seen the doctor we really didn't think she was in labor, but I looked at her and said please don't go into labor in the storm celler.....I don't know nothing bout birthing no babies miss scarlet.  We all laughed and started dinner.  During dinner the contractions were consistent and very real.  She could no longer talk through the worst of them.  Ava and Nanna decided to head to the hospital.  Now there was three little sweeties to protect in the storm.  We changed the little ones and got them in their night time clothes, moved the pillows and blankets as well as the portable DVD player to the basement and waited until we saw it moving into our side of town to rally the troops down the stairs.  About 5 minutes down stairs we lost power and cellular service.   We could tell the storm was bad, but had no way to know.  About 45 minutes after the start we emerged from the basement with one sleeping baby and two very tired little boys and no power.  With everyone snuggled in to bed we started calling to check on our family.  My sister in law was in active labor and they had moved her to the bathroom during the storm.  She was a trooper.  At 12:29 am our fabulous nephew Reece Michael Meredith was born.  He is a little peanut of a baby weighing in at 6lbs 4 oz.  19 inches long. 
       Emily graduated Thursday night and is now a freshman in high school.  The slide show was priceless with pictures of all these fabulous kids as toddlers and then through the years.  Chad and I had a moment on the way to the ceremony and mass where we rememebered a little Emily sitting in her carseat in the back of our car while we drove through the woods.  She kept saying hurry Uncle Chad the Hi-e-nus are watching us.  The Lion King was her favorite movie.  Another favorite little memory of Emily was her singing her ABC's on her potty chair in front of the TV while watching Seasame Street.  She is as lovely now as she was then.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful nieces and nephews. 
        Friday reminded me I am to old to add anymore to this family.  Three days of running errands with a 1 & 2 year old in tow was enough to start the research for Chad's snip snip.  lol  They are a handfull of joy, but a handfull.  Friday night we attended Reece's birthday party at the hospital.  We were walking through the hospital with a 16 year old, two 10 year olds, a 2 year old and a 1 year old.  I told Chad people are going to think, what the hell are they thinking. 
        The week has been very eventful and I am thankful for every blessed moment.  I am also ready for nothing special for a few weeks.  I hope everyone faired the storms.  My friend Chrissy and I are brainstorming on how the LCC can send a little love to the families in Joplin.  We will have more of that to come in the weeks ahead.  I am wishing everyone a happy and blessed Memorial Day filled with memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment